Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Types of Workers
Injuries can happen in any work environment, and when they do, Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton fight to ensure that injured workers receive every benefit they are entitled to. We have successfully represented thousands of workers in all types of industries. We strive to obtain maximum compensation for injured workers – even those who have previously been denied Workers’ Compensation benefits.
Injured Workers We Help
- Construction Workers – Construction work is extremely dangerous. Every year, nearly one in five workplace deaths happen on construction sites. The majority of these deaths are the result of falls, electrocutions, workers being struck by an object and workers getting caught between two objects. The intense, physical nature of construction work can also cause many serious but nonfatal injuries including back and neck injuries and injuries to the arms, legs, hands or feet.
- Restaurant / Kitchen Workers – A busy kitchen is full of potential hazards, many of which can cause severe injury that may result in permanent scarring and disfigurement, long term disability and even death. Kitchen worker injuries include, but are not limited to: cuts and lacerations from knives and slicers; burns from hot appliances, steam, and hot oil; slip and falls on wet or greasy floors; stress injuries caused by standing in one spot for prolonged periods or from repetitive movements; and illness caused by excessive heat exposure.
- Office Workers – Many people do not consider the office to be a workplace fraught with physical danger. However, a surprising number of office and administrative workers suffer from serious and disabling injuries caused by their jobs. Many of these jobs require long hours of sitting in front of a computer screen and typing. This can lead to back pain, vision problems and repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Healthcare Workers – Baltimore is home to some of the world’s most respected medical institutions. We work hard to keep nurses, doctors, nurses’ aids, administrative staff and faculty that work at these institutions protected in case of injury. Some of the most common causes of healthcare worker injuries involve lifting patients, needle sticks, assaults by patients, slip and falls and exposure to diseases and dangerous chemicals.
- Public Safety Workers – Law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics and other public safety personnel put their lives on the line every day to protect others. For this reason, many public safety workers are entitled to special provisions under Maryland Workers’ Compensation law. For example, public safety employees injured on the job may be eligible to receive higher pay for permanent partial disability than civilians with similar injuries. Additionally, when a law enforcement officer, firefighter or paramedic suffers from hypertension or heart disease, there is an automatic presumption that the condition is job-related, and therefore compensable under the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Shipyard Workers – Baltimore shipbuilders and other marine workers may be subject to more than just typical workplace accident injuries. Many Baltimore shipyard workers have been exposed to asbestos – a dangerous toxin known to cause mesothelioma, lung cancer, colon and colo-rectal cancers, cancers of the throat, larynx and esophagus and asbestosis.
- Warehouse / Factory Workers – Factory and warehouse jobs often require the operation of heavy equipment, intense manual labor, high stress and long hours. These factors alone or combined can increase the risk of a serious workplace accident. Injuries sustained by warehouse and factory workers can range in severity from minor sprains and strains that occur from heavy lifting, to more severe injuries that can occur when a worker gets caught in a machine or crushed by a forklift.
Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Fight For Injured Workers’ Right to Benefits
If you have been injured in a workplace accident or have been diagnosed with an occupational injury or illness, our Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton can help you get the compensation you deserve. We have been handling Workers’ Compensation cases for over 30 years. We know what it takes to get the most out of your Maryland Workers’ Compensation claim – and how to get it fast. Call 844-556-4LAW (4529) today to schedule a complimentary and risk-free consultation with one of our experienced and highly skilled Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers or submit an online contact form.