Cockeysville Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Fighting for Injured Workers’ Right to Fair Compensation
The physical, psychological, and financial effects of a serious work injury can be devastating to workers and their families. Workers’ Compensation insurance is designed to lessen the financial burden by providing workers with funds to cover their medical expenses, a portion of their lost wages, and other injury-related expenses. Unfortunately, however, many workers face an uphill battle when trying to claim benefits. Few laypeople are familiar with the complexities of the law, leaving unrepresented workers at risk of losing some or even all of the benefits to which they are entitled.
Why Hire a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
The law requires every Maryland employer to carry Workers’ Compensation insurance. However, the reality is that many workers are denied benefits even for injuries they sustained while on the job. This can happen for a number of reasons, including:
- The worker failed to report or seek immediate medical treatment for the injury.
- The worker failed to prove that a true employee-employer relationship existed.
- The worker failed to properly demonstrate that the injury arose out of and in the course of employment.
- The worker made a mistake when filing or missed important deadlines.
- The worker failed to follow the instructions of his or her treating physician, or returned to work too quickly after the workplace accident.
- The worker did not fully understand his or her rights, and mistakenly trusted the advice given by an employer or the employer’s insurance company.
While there is no requirement that an injured worker retain the services of an attorney to assist with a Workers’ Compensation claim, it is highly recommended. Only an experienced Workers’ Compensation lawyer can help injured workers avoid these and other common pitfalls. At LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, we are committed to helping individuals and their families recover full and fair compensation without the added stress of dealing with insurance adjusters and others trying to deny or limit those benefits.
For more than 30 years, our Cockeysville Workers’ Compensation lawyers have been fighting on behalf of injured workers and their families. We assist clients through every stage of the Workers’ Compensation process including:
- Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
- Gathering and documenting necessary medical evidence in order to demonstrate the true nature and severity of the injury
- Avoiding any missteps during the recovery period
- Ensuring the worker’s average weekly wage is calculated accurately
- Appeal a denial of benefits
Injured Workers We Help
A workplace accident can happen anywhere, though some occupations are significantly more hazardous than others. We are familiar with the types of injuries suffered by workers in and around Cockeysville in a variety of industries including:
- Construction workers – Are at risk of falls, electrocution, being struck by an object, or caught-in or between an object or piece of equipment.
- Healthcare workers – Normally are at risk of repetitive stress injuries from lifting or standing for long periods, injuries caused by a patient’s violent actions, exposure to pathogens, and other biohazards.
- Office workers – Are at risk of repetitive stress injuries including carpal tunnel, and vision and back problems caused by long hours in front of the computer
- Public safety workers – Generally suffer from work-related motor-vehicle accidents, acts of violence, and injuries and illnesses caused by stress.
- Restaurant / kitchen workers – Can suffer from slips and falls, burns caused by hot ovens and grease, and stress injuries from long periods of standing.
- Shipyard workers – Normally are at risk for accidents involving heavy machinery, exposure to asbestos, and other dangerous toxins.
- Warehouse / factory workers – Are at risk for musculoskeletal injuries caused by heavy lifting, forklift accidents, and slips and falls.
Cockeysville Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Obtain Maximum Compensation for Injured Workers and Their Families
If you have been injured in a workplace accident, or diagnosed with an occupational illness or injury, we can help. Call the Cockeysville Workers’ Compensation lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton at 844-556-4LAW (4529) today to schedule a free and confidential consultation, or contact us online.