Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Workers’ Compensation LawyerAugust 24, 2019
If you have been injured at work, a Workers’ Compensation lawyer can help ensure that you receive the full financial benefits to which you are entitled. If your injury is severe and prevents you from being able to return to work, you should be eligible to collect temporary or permanent disability benefits, depending on the nature of your injury. A skilled Workers’ Compensation lawyer will walk you through the claims process, address all your questions and concerns, and ensure that you receive the benefits you deserve. Before you hire a Workers’ Compensation lawyer, there are several important questions you should ask that will help you choose a lawyer that is right for you.
During your initial consultation with a Workers’ Compensation lawyer, you will have the opportunity to determine whether they are a good fit for you. The following questions will help you choose a lawyer who will protect your rights and secure the maximum benefits you deserve:
- How long have you been practicing law? Depending on what you are looking for, you may want a seasoned lawyer with years of experience, or someone who is younger, and more eager and aggressive.
- Do I need a Workers’ Compensation lawyer? If your injury was minor, and you only missed a couple of days of work, you may not need a lawyer. However, if your injury is more severe, causing you to miss weeks, or months of work, a Workers’ Compensation lawyer will be able to help secure the benefits you deserve, including disability benefits.
- How many Workers’ Compensation cases have you handled? It is important to know that the lawyer you hire has worked on several previous Workers’ Compensation cases, who is committed to providing you with the best representation possible, and who can negotiate with insurance companies to obtain maximum benefits.
- Will you be handling my case personally? It is common for lawyers to delegate certain tasks to a team of associates and paralegals. However, your lawyer should be responsible for the high-level work, and keep you informed about all important developments. You should be able to communicate directly with your attorney any time you have a question or would like an update on the status of your case.
- How much do you charge? Workers’ Compensation lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only charge a percentage of the recovery. If the claim is denied, the client is not charged.
- What benefits can I expect to receive? Benefits should include lost wages and all medical expenses that are related to the injury. If the injury prevents you from returning to work for an extended period or permanently, you may be eligible for temporary or permanent disability benefits.
Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Provide Skilled Legal Counsel to Injured Workers
If you have been injured at work, contact the Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton as soon as possible. We will address all your questions and concerns and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the entire claims process. Our experienced legal team will secure the maximum financial benefits you deserve for your injuries. To schedule a free, confidential consultation, call us today at 844-556-4LAW (4529) or contact us online. Located in Baltimore, we serve clients throughout Maryland.