Workers’ Compensation Plans that Appeal to Millennial EmployeesJanuary 23, 2019
In order to attract the best, most qualified workers, many companies are offering a range of benefits and amenities that appeal to the millennial population, including open floor plans and more flexible work schedules. As the workplace demographics continue to change and millennials make up a greater percentage of the workforce, employers will also need to consider what millennial employees look for in a comprehensive Workers’ Compensation plan. According to research, millennials have more of an altruistic view of the world and want to make a difference in society. As a result, they have certain expectations when it comes to their benefits packages, including their Workers’ Compensation coverage.
By the year 2025, millennials will make up approximately 75 percent of the workforce. To prepare for this shift in demographics, employers should consider making some of the following changes:
- Provide employee mentoring. Millennials appreciate a culture that supports organizational growth and encourages employees to share new ideas.
- Positive communication. If an employee has been injured on the job, negative communication can make the situation worse. Delivering news in a positive and respectful way can have a significant impact on the employee’s attitude. They are more likely to feel cared for and appreciated.
- Keep up with technology. Millennials appreciate speed, simplicity, and convenience. This applies to their Workers’ Compensation plan. For example, millennials want high-quality care that does not involve a lot of confusing red tape. They prefer to file claims and complete other transactions online. Employers who incorporate smart technology solutions can cut down on administration times and costs.
- Focus on safety. Employees and employers alike want to avoid workplace accidents. Safety protocols should be communicated in a positive way, making sure that employees understand that their health and safety is a top priority.
- Keep employees feeling motivated. A common trait among millennials is that they want to understand why things work the way they do. For this reason, it is important to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) as a way to help motivate younger employees to achieve their goals.
- Encourage collaborative work. According to one study, companies that incorporated collaborative work were five times more productive than companies that did not promote a collaborative work environment.
- Help make an impact. This is important to millennials. A Workers’ Compensation plan that helps an injured worker obtain a fair settlement, or helps that person return to work sooner will be appreciated by millennial employees.
Ultimately, millennials want their Workers’ Compensation plan to provide effective medical care that will help ensure improved outcomes in a timely manner, utilizing the latest technology. This will help attract and maintain the younger generation of employees who are quickly taking over the workforce.
Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Help Millennials With the Claims Process
If you have been injured on the job, you are urged to contact the Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton as soon as possible. We understand that you may have different priorities than the previous generation of workers and we will ensure that your ideals are addressed and that you receive that maximum financial benefits you deserve. To schedule a free, confidential consultation, call us today at 844-556-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.