Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers: Injuries Sustained at Holiday PartyDecember 8, 2016
During the month of December, many companies close out the year by hosting a holiday party for their employees. It is a great way to relax with co-workers and enjoy each other’s company in a celebratory environment. While it is unlikely, it is possible that an employee could sustain personal injuries at the party. This raises the question as to whether the employee’s injuries are covered by Workers’ Compensationin Maryland.
In order for the employee to receive Workers’ Compensation benefits for an injury that occurred at a holiday party, he or she would have to prove that the injury was work-related. To do so, any of the following would have to be true:
- The employer not only endorses the event, but he or she could benefit from it as well.
- The employer requires that all employees attend the event.
- The employees receive financial compensation for attending.
- The party took place either on company property, the employer’s property, or a property which was unsafe and which the employer failed to correct.
How to Build a Strong Case
A Workers’ Compensation case based on an injury that occurred at a holiday party can be challenging to prove. However, there are steps you can take to make your case stronger.
- Report the injury as soon as possible. If you wait too long to report the injury, your claim may be denied.
- Keep detailed records from medical experts. If you had any tests, x-rays, or laboratory work done, you must have this information available to submit if need be.
- Hire an experienced Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyer who can help you navigate the complex claims process, making sure you submit all necessary information within the required period of time.
Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Represent Injured Employees in Maryland
If you or someone you love has been injured at a work function like a holiday party, you may be eligible for Workers’ Compensation benefits. The experienced, dedicated Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton have a proven track record of securing positive outcomes for clients. We know exactly how to navigate the system so that you receive the benefits you deserve. For a free consultation, call us at 844-556-4LAW (4529) or contact us online to speak with us today.