Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers: Facts and Stats on Workplace InjuriesOctober 3, 2016
Workers in certain industries are more prone than others to become injured on the job. Construction workers, for example, face more potential dangers when they come to work than someone who works in an office. However, anyone can get injured at work, regardless of his or her job, and workplace injuries are becoming all too common. More employees than ever are under a great deal of stress due to long hours, poor salaries, job cutbacks, unappreciative bosses, and minimal time off, among other things. Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers report that an inordinate amount of workplace stress can also lead to an injury.
The following statistics shine a light on work-related injuries and fatalities that both employers and employees should know about in order to make productive changes and keep workers safe:
- Over 4.1 million workplace injuries occur each year, including occupational illnesses, in the United States.
- From a statistical perspective, the injury rate equals 4.4 cases for every 100 full-time employees.
- Workplace injuries occur most often in mid-sized companies.
- Approximately two million employees are injured on the job annually, many of whom require ongoing medical treatment for their injury or illness.
- In the United States, close to 165 workers lose their lives from occupational illnesses each year.
- Society spends over $155 billion each year on injuries, illnesses, and fatalities that are work-related.
- Construction jobs tend to be some of the most dangerous, accounting for over 15 fatalities for every 100,000 workers.
- Construction fatalities are usually due to the following:
- Car Accidents
- Equipment Accidents
- Falling Objects
- In the United States, healthcare workers account for 6.5 percent of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Approximately 1,300 workers lost their lives each year from car collisions, which accounted for the most workplace fatalities.
Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Protect the Rights of Injured Workers
If you have been injured at work, whether you are a construction worker, a nurse, or office worker, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The Baltimore Workers’ Compensation lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton are on your side to answer all of your questions and take you through every step of the claims and appeals process. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and secure the maximum compensation you deserve. To set up a free consultation, call us today at 844-556-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.